Pest Control For Camping
Summer is nearly here! Where are you going on your holidays? Wherever you’re off to, we’re sure you just want quality time with your friends, family and loved ones. A holiday is all about making some really great memories, and to just get it away from it all. So for your summer holiday this year, are you going camping?
Camping is a lot of fun for all of the family. But if you don’t but the right pest control measures in place, insects and rodents may also want to join in on your camping trip. Pests are always around camping sites, even if you don’t see them.
Whether you’re planning on taking your camping trip in a lovely suburb retreat, or escaping city life for the countryside, you need to take these pest control tips with you!
- Insect repellent – Having insect repellent and bug sprays on hand is great protection from sting and bites. Keep your spray close at hand, and spray it liberally every few hours to make sure you’re covered.
- Keep it clean – Keeping your campsite clean is key to preventing pests coming near. Letting rubbish build up will be a major attraction for pests. Keeping it tidy will deter them.
- Candles – Invest in some citronella candles when you’re planning your camping trips. They are great at deterring unwanted pests from your camp site.
- Cover your food – Any food and drink needs to be covered up at all times. Take plenty of plastic tubs and bottles with you to make sure no pests get into your stash.
- Don’t let food spoil – Take a cooler with you if you can. Food that has gone off will smell, and that will make the pests come running.
- Avoid water – Pests are abundant near water, so keep the tents away from the lakes and rivers. If you don’t, you may find yourself waking up having been a mosquitoes dinner.
- Avoid dense vegetation – Long grass and vegetation isn’t a great camping site. Try to stick to approved camping grounds, where pests are kept to a minimum.
Following these pest control tips when camping will make sure you enjoy your holiday from start to finish. However, if you’re outdoors in your own garden and having a problem with pests at home in London, make sure to get professional help as some stinging insects can be very dangerous, especially if you have a nest on your property.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login