Car Rental the Easy Way
If you are going to rent a vehicle for the first time, it might seem slightly intimidating, but it isn’t. Just like with other things in life, renting a car will mostly depend on precisely what you’re seeking and the company you select to rent from. Before you make that choice, here are a few things that you will need to consider first.
Prior to Booking Your Car
- Think about how many days you will be using it – Precisely or roughly when and where do you want to pick it up and return it?
- Which kind of car do you presently drive at home? Many people when using car rentals like to drive a similar one, which then ensures familiarity.
- Work out what size car you will need to rent and how many people you will be transporting with you. Don’t forget the amount of baggage you will have.
- Think about booking your car online. It’s certainly faster, easier and easily available 24 hours a day. Documentation confirming payment can be saved and printed out.
- Any need for special equipment? For something such as a disability? If yes, what car will be best to carry you and your equipment?
Available Car Types
In most cases, available cars will be classified according to size (mini, compact, 4×4, 8 seats), class (economy, premium, luxury) or perhaps a distinguishing feature (coupe, convertible, eco-friendly). Usually there is the choice between manual and automatic drives.
Things You Should Know
- Exactly what your quote includes: The cost of hiring the vehicle, basic insurance and any mandatory charges and taxes.
- Extras: (but not in every case) which may include navigation, DVD and music systems, children’s seats, mobile Wi-Fi, etc.
- Kilometre limits: Kilometres are either limited or unlimited. If it is limited, then the estimated number of kilometres will be established before your journey and you will be charged for going beyond that limit. For any long distance journeys, unlimited miles are definitely the best.
Before booking, make Sure to Check the Total Cost of Everything before any Final Payments.
Don’t forget that the rented car will be your responsibility for the length of the rental period. Ensure that the insurance coverage is totally satisfactory and fully suitable for you.
Picking up Your Rental Car (What you need to have with you and show when collecting your vehicle)
- All reservation data, located on your booking confirmation.
- A genuine and up to date, driver’s licence is only accepted, forget any photocopies!
- Some car rental companies, might also ask for some evidence of the address on your driver’s license. This should not be older than three months.
- All drivers who will be driving the rental car should be present at vehicle collection with their relevant documentation. Some companies may charge an extra payment for additional drivers.
So, that should give you some idea on how to make things go smoothly, and may you have a safe journey on the roads of beautiful New Zealand! Please drive carefully!