Take Ample Advantage of Belt Conveyor While Moving Heavy Load
In earlier days, the factory workers had to shift from one location to another to carry on several work related process as they never had not the option of modern automation techniques. This physical motion indicated inefficient use of their time and additional stress. A belt conveyor system or belt conveyor is a coil of material that helps to move different items or parts from one position to another without putting much effort. It is usually driven by moving parts or by various speed of an electric motor present in a complex system. Moreover, there is no need to employ so much physical labor in a project unlike earlier days. These belts can be found in different areas such as:
- Public transport facilities
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Ware houses
- Food production
In order to convey bulk materials, belt conveyor can be considered as an ideal and reliable method which has proved its efficiency over and again. The design of these belts is developed by following the industry standards and requirements.
6 Key advantages of using belt conveyor: The quick advancement and development of technology has introduced several easy and convenient tools and techniques to move bulk materials from one project to another. Among the long range of devices, this conveyor is of great significance as it is the most efficient and cost-effective way of conveying heavy loads from one location to another. It is used all around the world because it delivers a vast range of advantages. Some important advantages of such conveyor belts are:
- There can be more than one option for transporting heavy materials but not all of them can handle the transfer process in effective and successful manner. But belt conveyor has the capability to handle a huge range of materials extending from large lump size materials such as coal to very fine size materials such as cement.
- Other forms of conveyors apart from belt conveyor require optimum horsepower during the process of conveyance. In case of conveyor belt, the load is kept on the top of this belt where the load remains static. As a consequence, it requires less power to shift.
- The belt conveyor is designed specifically to handle any operation with efficiency within short span of time. It is the best solution to unload a packed up ship at great capacities. It does not only transfer smaller amount of materials from one process to another but it also takes part in batching operations.
- A well-designed and reliable conveyance equipment is absolutely necessary to create large piles of coal, wood chips, ore etc. Hence, belt conveyor can serve the purpose as it can be utilized to reclaim and stock-pile larger materials.
- An interesting fact about belt conveyor is that it can be configured easily and quickly in sync to its application. It can move material on an incline or horizontally or can do both. It can elevate the bulk materials on to a certain distance.
Different types of belt conveyor used in various industries:
It is one of the crucial steps to have the most perfect belt conveyor for transferring any product. The users often fail to find out the best type of belt. A wrong belt can badly compromise safety, downtime and the overall output. Hence, it is important to choose the best type. A few commonly used types are:
- General purpose belt conveyor
- Hinge metal ones
- Conveyors with flat wire
- Plastic belt conveyor
- Conveyors made of woven wire
Thus, it can be stated that the belt conveyor is a useful bulk material handling equipment which plays certain significant roles in varied fields.