Choose Hand Picked Paint Colour Products in Paint Store
Have you ever looked at those different paints inside a paint store and wondered how they ended up here? Well, it sure is a long story as to how those pigmented liquids are made and end up here before getting sold. You need to understand the world of paints before you enter a paint store.
What Is the Paint?
The paint container you see on those shelves carries a pigmented liquid, which changes to a solid film when applied on a thin layer. These paints are used to colour a surface or an object and give them a certain look and texture. One comes across so many kinds of paints in different colours. There are water colour paints, acrylic paints, synthetic paints, etc.
You can head to any paint store and buy the kind of paint you are looking for and in any amount. Today, there is a huge range of brands selling different paints.
The Role of The Binder
When you shop for paint, you also need to buy a binder which is a film-forming component and is available in different formulations. Some binders are thin while others are thick. The paints need to be thinned with the help of a thinner before using. The paint attains the property of durability, flexibility, and toughness because of the binder. Binders are acrylics, vinyl-acrylics, alkyds, polyurethanes, polyesters etc.
The Variations in Paint Products
When you visit a paint store, you will come across different kinds of paints, spray cans and inks that cater to different needs. For example, a primer is the first coating that is applied before the actual application of the paint. The primed surface ensures better adherence and finish with the paint and thus ensuring enhanced protection. Some of the variations you will come across include:
- Emulsion paints are water-based paints and are used for easier low-cost applications.
- Flat Finish paint is useful for hiding imperfections and typically used for ceilings or walls.
- Matte Finish is generally used to offer superior coverage and look.
- Eggshell Finish gives a kind of sheen that is similar to that of an eggshell. These variations are effective for higher wash ability and are popularly used in bathrooms.
- Pearl finish is resistant to moisture and thus very durable. Thus, it is very useful in the kitchen, bathrooms and for protecting furniture.
- The semi-gloss finish adds to the look and elegance of woodwork and popularly used on doors and other furniture items.
- Anti-slip paint carries certain chemicals that raise the friction of a surface and those lower the risk of slipping or falls.
- Luminous paint is used to add luminescence and create visible light because of the fluorescence and phosphorescence property in them.
Some other kind of variants includes varnish and shellac that can change the look and colour of the material substantially. Wood stain is used to apply pigment while lacquer produces an especially hard and durable finish. A glaze is used as an additive to increase translucency and slow down the drying time.
Can You Manage A Paint Store?
It is no easy task to run and manage a paint store. The paint store managers should understand the different paints and coatings as well as be efficient in supervising sales and servicing employees. They might have to work late hours and sometimes even on the weekends. They should carry relevant qualification and experience in order to become a paint store manager. Once they complete their management trainee program, they should look for a work opportunity in a retail store where they can apply their knowledge and experience. They are expected to have knowledge of paint and experience of retail sales, and management.