Important Things That You Must Know About Clutch Repair
It is true that having a vehicle helps us in a lot many ways, but what if a part of it gets damaged? Or needs a repair or replacement? We all know, how important a clutch is in a vehicle and if you need to repair or replace a clutch, you will have to pay big bucks for this. Every vehicle repair company has their own price for servicing a vehicle. If you face any trouble in your clutch system then you cannot control your car. in this case, you need to replace the clutch plates or you need to repair the clutch system. It is suggested to consult with the automotive repair center and they will inspect your clutch system and repair the same within a short time.
Why would you need clutch repair service?
It is very important that you know when your vehicle needs servicing. Just as we need food time to time to stay healthy, vehicles also need a proper servicing in order to work properly. However, servicing cannot entirely save you from not facing any sudden problem with your vehicle, but, servicing can actually reduce your service cost and through this regular servicing you can also keep your car healthy. The mechanism of clutch in a car is very simple but gets messier when it stops working properly.
When Is a Clutch Replacement Required?
Some of the main components of the clutch are pressure plate, throw out bearing, clutch disc, and flywheel. By keeping few things in mind or by proper noticing, you can actually know when the clutch repair is needed?
- When the transmission grinds while changing gears or when the clutch engages or disengages close to the floor, it’s the time when your clutch may need a repair.
- Check if the transmission goes into the gear while the clutch pedal works easily if it doesn’t, it’s time for clutch repair.
- Properly check, if the clutch doesn’t engage. There may be various reasons for it, but the solution is getting the clutch repaired.
- Overheated clutch can cause clutch chatter. This causes unusual feel which is when you need to get a repaired clutch.
Average Cost of Clutch Repairing:
The cost of clutch repair actually depends on either it’s the part of the clutch which needs to be checked or the whole system needs to be repaired. Also, since the clutch is a wear and tear component, most of the manufacturers do not provide a warranty on vehicle’s clutch. The durability of a clutch actually depends on the area where the vehicle is driven. For eg: under a normal driving condition, a clutch can last long for 7 to 10 years, whereas if the vehicle is driven on harsh or tough roads, it may get damaged anytime due to massive usage.
What Does Replacing a Clutch Involve?
- First of all, park your vehicle on ground level. The surface should be solid and engage the hand brakes.
- The clutch replacement assembly includes clutch disc, a cover assembly and release bearing which are also known as throw out bearing. All these parts of the clutch should first be examined and then all should be replaced if needed.
- Once you check all the important parts of the clutch, make sure you’re only left with the flywheel. If you find any deep cracks on the flywheel, it should be replaced as well.
- Once you’re done with the removing part, get new parts and reinstall them properly in the clutch.