Things to Know About Colored Flexible Plastic Tubing
Plastic tubes are common in any industrial engineering. Colored flexible plastic tubing are tubes that are created from plastic extrusions for flowing of fluids, filling for heating and electrical assemblies and much more. These tubes are made of diverse raw plastic materials. Plastic tubing is one of the most important engineering items in industries as it has a number of advantages and usage. They come in various sizes and shapes for multiple uses. Also, along with extensive shapes, they have different colors that help to identify the proper pipe for different usage.
How to Create Colored Flexible Plastic Tubing:
Basically, plastic tubes or pipes are made by an extrusion process. The raw polymer or any other plastic material is pushed to a hopper of an extruder. That material goes through a barrel where it gets melted. A die is attached with the extruder that helps the melted raw plastic material to get a tube shape.
After getting the tubes, one can dye them with solid colors to get colored tubing. In plastic tubing, manufacturers can use dye, normal paint or sometimes in small level food colors can be used as well to color the plastic tubing. Extrusion can produce long and different shaped tubing that are widely used in industries and households for several reasons.
Materials used in Plastic Tubing:
There are a number of raw plastic materials that are used to produce colored flexible plastic tubing. When you talk about flexibility it is necessary to use a proper material that brings flexibility in the item. Here are the 5 most flexible plastic tubing materials:
- Property: It is one of the most flexible materials in plastic. It has an extraordinary elastic profile. The material can be used for multiple industrial purposes. It is good for subfreezing temperature, is chemical resistant and it absorbs much lower moisture. It is considered as the best industry standard material.
- Usage: Nylon pipes are mostly used for flowing of fluids. Also, they are used for high pressure activities in engineering works.
#2. Ethyl Vinyl Acetate:
- Property: Ethyl Vinyl Acetate or commonly known as EVA has low temperature properties that make it an excellent tube used in medical industry. These types of materials are strong and long lasting. These colored flexible plastic tubing materials have better oil and fluid resistance capacity.
- Usage: These tubes are best used for the medical and pharmaceutical industries, especially in surgical applications.
#3. Poly Vinyl Chloride:
- Properties: Poly Vinyl Chloride or PVC pipes are the most popular and demanding material in any industry. They are not only strong but the material has the unique property of having diverse characteristics. PVC pipes can be hard, semi-hard or flexible in nature.
- Usage: As PVCs have high heat and chemical resistance power, they are being used in multiple industries such as food and beverage, chemical, water supply, electric supply and so on.
- Properties: Polyethylene or PE is comparatively cheaper than other materials that can perform multiple activities. It is light weighted and extremely flexible to use in extensive industries.
- Usage: These types of tubes are found to be used in food and beverage industry, chemical processing industry and also in laboratories because of its chemical and fluid resistance power.
- Properties: These types of colored flexible plastic tubing materials are also widely used in various industries. These pipes are lightest in weight compared to other materials.
- Usage: These types of pipes are perfect for both the fluid and non-fluid applications in any industries. Being lightest weighted, these pipes are widely used in welding work and chemical applications.
Colored flexible plastic tubing pipes are widely available online by world class plastic tube manufacturers. You can get them according to your need at anytime.