8 Benefits of Installing a Gas Hot Water System
Chilling winters can leave us shivering, and that gives rise to the need for a water heating system. These systems are equipped to heat the water instantly and have it readily available when required. But when it comes to the point of choosing one for your personal use, then we have several options to choose from. There are many hot water systems available in the market, and in this article, we unfold the benefits of the gas hot water system.
What is gas hot water system?
As evident from the name, gas hot water systems operate on piped LPG or natural gas. Around 48% of households in Australia make use of this system. The gas water heaters have the following variants:
- Gas storage water heaters (GSWH)
- Instantaneous or continuous flow gas water heaters (IGWH)
- Solar water heaters with instantaneous gas boosting (SWHs)
Benefits of the gas hot water system:
1. Environment-friendly – Well, you may find several such systems available in the market, but when it comes to zeroing down to an option which is an environment-friendly solution, then gas hot water systems take the lead. It does not emit gas into the environment and thus is environment-friendly.
2. Energy-efficient – One of the key factors people consider while choosing a hot water system is that it should be energy –efficient. You would not want to spend a hefty amount on the electricity bill, to sort it out you can choose the gas hot water heating system which will help you save well on the electricity bill. Or else you can also go with the instant hot water systems which will heat water when required.
3. Cost-effective solution – Another benefit of this type of heating system is that it is cost-effective. There is no thermal loss while these water systems heat the water. Hence you can save on the operational cost.
4. Faster heating – You are rushing for the office, or you have a meeting, and you are waiting for the water to get heated, to avoid all the hassles and the delay, you can opt for the hot gas water heating system. These have faster heating and that too at a lesser cost, so, it’s a fair deal investing in these type of systems.
5. Flexible installation – The instant heating systems operating on gas are smaller in size, and you can easily install them wherever you want without worrying about the space constraint. There are many indoor and outdoor units which can be installed either indoors or outdoors as per your requirement.
6. Lesser water wastage – Since these are compact, hence you can install them in areas where there is a higher user of water and can get access to water without waiting for hot water to reach the tap.
7. Long-lasting – The instant hot water systems are highly durable and they last longer, as compared to the storage tank water heater which has the life span of 10 years, the instant heaters have the life of 20 years.
8. Power options – You have the option of choosing between a natural gas operating system LPG operated, based on the availability in your area, you can choose the one which matches your requirement. There is electric operated hot water system.
The points mentioned above are the benefits of gas hot water systems make them one of the most sought-after product in the market for those who are looking for an efficient heating system. Make sure you do a thorough check before installing a gas hot water system. Hiring a professional company would ensure that you have them properly installed without any defect or hassle.